THANK YOU to the 2022 committee for all their effort, enthusiasm and commitment to the club over the last 12 months. Many of our current committee have been in their roles for several years and have decided to step down. As they vacate their roles this is a great opportunity for other members to bring new energy and fresh ideas to the committee. Remember its the members who run this club and if there is something you would like changed or improved, this is your opportunity to do so! Like previous years, we are looking for club members to put themselves forward for committee roles ahead of the AGM. As per the club constitution, they will be nominated and seconded on the night (19th Nov).
Any of the existing committee members who were agreeable to continue in their role for another year will need to be formally nominated at AGM. Another club member can also apply for the same position. So, if you are interested in taking up any one of the positions please email either the club secretary email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are not ready to join the committee just yet but are interested in taking on a particular committee role in future years, please feel free to reach out to the committee to express your interest, we’d very much welcome early interest to help with future committees and succession planning so it’s never too early to get involved.
Proposed Committee 2023
- Chairperson: OPEN
- Treasurer: OPEN
- Secretary: OPEN
- Club Children officer / Designate Liaison Person: Trevor Mahoney
- Junior Co-Ordinator : OPEN
- Club social committee (2 or 3): Gary Grant
- Web administrator: OPEN
- Club PRO/ Social Media Officer: OPEN
- Club Gear Officer: James Naughton
- Time Trial Coordinators (2): John O’Connell, OPEN
- Sunday cycles Coordinators (2): OPEN
- Aquathon Co-Ordinators (2): John O’Shaughnessy, Mark Nolan
- Women’s Officer: Kelly Agnew
- Equipment Officer: Brendan O’Neill
- King of the Hill committee
- Race Director: Daire Reilly
- Assistant Race Director: OPEN
- Race Administrator/PRO OPEN
- Chief Marshall: Paul Kelly
- The Lost Sheep committee
- Race Director: OPEN
- Race Administrator: Hugh McSwiney
- Chief Marshall: OPEN
- Public Relations Officer: OPEN
- Kenmare Liaison: John O’Shaughnessy, Mark Nolan
A full list of the committee position with description is included HERE. Remember, the club is completely volunteer run with no paid positions. It’s a great way to get more immersed in the goings on of the club and get to know other club members. If you have not been involved in any committee role please consider taking on something! The main committee meets once per month via Zoom. Any questions about any position, please feel free to ask!
Reminder of the club AGM on Friday November 18th at 8pm in the Maldron Hotel on South Mall. The AGM is open to all club members and we would encourage as many people to attend as possible. The AGM will also be broadcast on Zoom. Please register in advance if you plan to attend in person or via Zoom HERE. The AGM should last around one hour with retirement to the bar after!
You must be logged in to post a comment.