Finally its time to get back to training! You should have received an email from Triathlon Ireland with the return to training protocols but a link is also available here. Please make yourselves familiar with these guidelines prior to attending any club training sessions. In particular the personal health questionnaire in Appendix A which members should review prior to attending any training session.
- Club sessions can take place outdoors in pods of 15 (14 + Coach)
- Multiple Pods can take place if space allows
- No Indoor sessions are permitted. Indoor facilities can only be open for essential toilet facilities.
- Registration is required
- No congregation pre and post session
For now we are restricting training sessions to members only so please ensure your membership is renewed prior to attending.
From 10th May
- Mardyke Track sessions return every Wednesday at 7pm from 12th May – Noel will run a New to Track program specifically for members who have not run track sessions before (limited to 14)
- Tramore Valley Park Run sessions with Trevor will return from Monday 17th at 6pm. Meeting point at weighbridge just inside the entrance off the South Link Road.
- Introduction to group cycling from Saturday 15th May meeting at Lidl Carpark Ballincollig. Time to be confirmed. Limited to 8. We encourage all new members regardless of ability to attend one of these.
- Club spins every Sunday at 9am from 16th May. Due to City Hall being used as a vaccination center we will now meet directly across the river from City Hall at Lapps Quay -in front of SIPTU office.
- Tuesday evening Time Trials start date and location to be confirmed – due to ongoing road works along the current route. We do expect to start within the next two weeks.
- Aquathons and Introduction to open water swimming every Thursday at Dock Beach from late May/Early June
- Pools are not due to open until 3rd June. We have no clarity around opening times or what sessions will be available to us. Normally we finish with pool sessions over the summer period but this year we hope to continue some limited pool training- depending on what is available.
We will use the Eventbrite system for registration. You must register prior to attending an event. We will post a link to register for training sessions on the club website and on the Whatsapp broadcast channel. Please only register if you are certain you can attend. Swops are not permitted.
If you are new to the club and its your first time attending a training session we know it can be a bit scary! To put you at ease you can email firstname.lastname@example.org where Valerie will put you in touch with one of our welcoming committee – Bryce, Deirdre, Adrian, Feidhlim or Valerie. They will be at hand to answer any question you might have and should be available on the night if you have any problems.
Club Covid Officer
Dr Paul Kelly is our club Covid officer. If you do have any questions or concerns related to the implementation of our club Covid policy please email email@example.com
You must be logged in to post a comment.