Driven to Tri Training Day
Pete Freedman (Saturday session only) and Harry Wiltshire (Saturday and Sunday session) of Driven to Tri will be running a training day in Cork on Saturday 14th January and Sunday 15th January. Registration is now full for the Saturday session. Please register above for the Sunday session.
Pete and Harry have over the last 5 years coached a number of sub 10 hour Ironman athletes, Pete having coached Joyce to break the Irish Ironman record. Pete and Harry have both raced at World Elite level. Harry currently trains at the GB High performance Centre inLeeds with the Brownlee’s. Harry is on the short list of athletes for British Olympic Selection.
The day will take place at Coral Leisure Centre and will be suitable for athletes of all abilities. The aim will be to develop efficient swim and run technique. There will also be sessions on strength and conditioning, structuring your training and planning your race season.
- 9.00am: Camp introduction followed by talk on efficient running.
- 9.45am: Run session – Developing efficient run technique using drills. Each athlete will be videoed and following the day Pete will send everyone individual advice on their run technique.
- 11.00am: Strength and Conditioning Circuit – Developing strength/preventing injury.
- 12 pm: Lunch.
- 12.45pm: Talk on swim fundamentals
- 2pm: Swim Session – The first 75 minutes will focus on stroke technique. The last 45 minutes will work on the skills you need to swim efficiently in open water events.
- 4.15pm: Talk on structuring your training and planning your race schedule. Finishing with Q&A.
- 5pm: Finish
Coaches: Peter Freedman – Level 2 British Triathlon, British Swimming andUK Athletics Coach.
Harry Wiltshire – Level 3 British Triathlon Coach
Selected Coaching Results:
1stHenley Half Ironman
1ST British Junior Triathlon Super Series
1st and 4th place Female Lost Sheep 2011
2nd –Windsor Elite Triathlon (Female)
3rd – British Super Series final standings (Female)
6th –London Triathlon, Elite Race (Male)
7th Female Overall IronmanAustria 9.15
12th Female Overall Alp D’huez Triathlon
Selected Athletic Achievements:
GB Elite representation at Junior U23 and Senior International level. World Student Games Winner
Winning Team European Champs 2011
1st – French Grand Prix D2
2nd –Windsor Elite Triathlon
Top 15 World Cup and top 40 World Championship Series Athlete.
PB’s of 4.14 for 400m free and 30.37 for 10k