This event has already taken place. For more info, see Ruth’s blog at http://effortlessrunningruth.blogspot.com/p/chi-running-workshops.html
Certified Chi Running Instructor Ruth Farrell is running 2 Chi Running Workshops for the Cork Tri Club on Sat 3rd and Sun 4th December. Please register above for the day you want to do.
There is a maximum of 10 people per day so places will go fast.
Registration is €50 per person (club members only), please register above for the Saturday or Sunday event.
The day includes video analysis in the morning followed by learning the technique:
alignment, posture, lean, ankle lift and arm-swing.
The afternoon involves drills, gears & stride, cadence and practice runs.
Most of the morning is spent indoors learning the technique. The afternoon is spent mainly outdoors doing practice drills.
· 9.30am sharp: Introduction to Chi technique
· Warm up with Body Looseners
· Video taking of runners and analysis
· Commence teaching of chi running technique – alignment, posture, lean, ankle lift, arm-swing, begin run.
· Approx 12.30pm – break for lunch – bring your own nutritious lunch and there will be tea/coffee onsite.
The room we have has a downstairs kitchen and we work upstairs in another room.
· Approx 1.30pm we continue with the technique, exercises, drills and practice run – gears & stride,
cadence, upward & downward hills.
· Conclude approx 4.30pm with a review of the day chi technique and video analysis of end of workshop running.
· The price also includes 3 x 1hr progression Chi Running Practice Meets within 3 months,
ideally 2 weeks apart to give people time to practice in between.
If you have not heard about Chi Running or barefoot running, check out:
Barefoot Professor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jrnj-7YKZE
A few notes on the workshops:
· Please wear your usual running gear but no baggy tops as Ruth needs to be able to see their posture so
fitted clothes are better. Bring along a rain jacket and baseball cap just in case its wet. If anyone is travelling a
distance, you might bring along a change of clothes/shoes to be on the safe side, nothing worse than driving an
hour in wet gear! If anyone has a metronome, bring it along for practicing cadence.
· Bring along plenty of water to keep hydrated throughout the day.
· No MBTs (I’m sure that Ruth will explain why at the workshop)
· No perfume or aftershave please as Ruth is allergic to some and may react with a hayfever type attack.
· How to find St Dominics Retreat Centre: Entrance is on Colmcille Avenue adjacent to the Police Station
which can be accessed from the Middle Glanmire road or the R635 Lower Mayfield Road/ Silverspring LN.
There is parking immediately on the right as you drive in the main gate and then walk through the iron gates to
the courtyard and the Myrtel Room is to the side. Ring Ruth (087 2432593) if you can’t find the centre and need
Map at http://url.ie/dj8s