- Mens: Kieran Crean on 12th June 2018 in a time of 18:10
- Womens: Katie Cooke on 16th July 2013 in a time of 20:23
From May to August the club organises a cycle TT (8.6mile/13.8km) on Tuesday nights in Glounthane. It is run over a relatively flat out and back course and it is suitable for all, beginners, those new to triathlon and elite athletes alike. There is an option of a run afterwards making it an excellent brick session. Club members help out each week taking times and a league is generally organised for a proportion of these weeks.
The route is an out and back course from Cobh cross towards the city. This is the route map here.
Time Trial League
Each year, we run a time trial league. The league will be calculated based on the times of the fastest male and female athlete each night, they will each be awarded 100 points and points for all other competitors will then be awarded based on a percentage of these times.
e.g. Fastest time 20mins = 100 points
- 25 mins = 80 points (20/25 x 100pts)
- 30 mins = 66.6 points (20/30 x 100pts)
The league will consist of 9 races with 6 races to score. If a rider competes in more than 6 races, their best 6 races count for the final standings. Prizes will be awarded but only riders who have assisted in time keeping for at least one of the league time trials will be eligible.
- The time trials and league are open to current members of CTC and Triathlon Ireland (Training or Race Licence)
- Hard Shell helmets must be worn.
- Drafting will disqualify.
Time Trial League Results
- 2018 results
- 2017 results
- 2016 results
- 2015 results
- 2014 – Time trials were held on a different route on old Mallow road.
- 2012 & 2013 results
- 2011 results
- 2010 results
- 2009 results
You must be logged in to post a comment.