CTC have been looking at ways to encourage our club members to participate in the 2022 Triathlon National Series. We want to see as many members compete to the highest standard across the country.
To participate you must race four of the National Series assigned races which must include a Sprint and Olympic distance. The remaining two race distances are the athletes choice. Points are award using a 30th Percentile system and you can find full details here
We are acutely aware of the costs involved in travelling around the country to participate in these races. To help members with costs the club has decided to create a National Series Bursary in which 6 male and 6 female members will be awarded €200 each on completion of the series. This will be awarded to the clubs top 6 males and top 6 females based on the overall final rankings. This is a substantial investment in the club and we hope this will encourage many of our club members to consider racing the full series this year.
How to Enter?
There is no formal entry. We will look at the final overall standings of the National Series and the bursaries will be awarded to the clubs top 6 male and top 6 females. We do however have some conditions.
- You must be a CTC club member from the start date of the 2022 Triathlon National Series (22 May 2022)
- You should represent CTC at races wearing club gear while racing or pre-, post-race, e.g., around transition, accepting prizes.
- You must submit one race report or a summary at the end of the season. A template for race reports will be made available.
- You must marshal at one of the CTC club races.
- You should encourage as many of your club members to participate in the National Series .
The final decision on the above conditions will be at the discretion of the club committee. If you have any questions or queries about National Series racing you can ask our club coaches who will be happy to help.