The day will be based around UL sports arena and will hinge on the Triathlon route for the upcoming Joey Hannon races on Sunday May 12th. We will start with a swim session in the 50 m pool, followed by a Cycle of the race route and finish with a run off the bike.
When all the hard work is done, we will wrap up the day with dinner at Castletroy Park Hotel.
While this day would be ideal for someone doing any of the Joey Hannon races, it is open to all, so you don’t have to be racing at Joey to join, and distances can be curtailed to shorter duration as needed. Routes below are of the Olympic distance route, the Sprint distance is half this.
- Bike Route (old route)
- Bike Route ( 2019 – NEW ROUTE!)
- Note! The Joey Bike route has been changed from previous years. Now it heads out the old Dublin road. This is a flat, fast route, HOWEVER, it crosses a set of very DANGEROUS railway tracks – cyclists come down on these tracks regularly. It is best to walk your bike across. PLEASE PLEASE TAKE CARE.
- LTC have advised the tracks will be covered on race day.
- Run Route
Please note swim starts at 1 pm sharp and dinner at 6 pm. Suggest folks car-pool where possible.
Schedule of the day:
- 12:45pm: Meet at the Sports Arena in UL
- 1:00pm: Swim (poolside 12:55pm to arrange groups/discuss swim set)
- 2:15pm: Cycle
- 20km (approx 50mins)
- 40km (approx 1hr40)
- 4:15pm: Run
- 5:30pm: Dinner in Castletroy Park Hotel
- All inclusive: Swim, Bike, Run & Eat for €20, Register here
- Budget/Time restricted: Training activities, no dinner €7, Register here
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org