An opportunity has arisen to take part in a Female only Bike Draft and Transition workshop being run with TI’s Emerging Talent Squad.
The day is being run by Coaches Ivan McMahon, Aaron O Brien and Nicole Evans.
This is a great opportunity for those who are thinking of doing a daft legal race next season but want to improve their bike skills.
The cost of the session is 10 Euro.
Places are limited to 10 spots so it will be first come first served. If the day is popular we will look at holding more skills camps between now and the start of the race season.
A break down of the day is below
12:00 – Introduction
12:10 – Warm-up and bunch skills
- Up and overs – (Focusing on closing gaps between wheels and working on safely and efficiently moving through the group to conserve energy).
12:30 – Bunch Skills
- Cat and Mouse – 2 riders are given a 30 second head start and the remaining riders must catch them using “Up and Over” riding as quickly as possible without dropping anyone from the group and alternating at the front every 10-15 seconds. The other 2 riders are working to stay away.
1:05 – Bike Handling Drills
- Manoeuvring through cones and obstacles- to work on cornering, braking and balance
- Contact drills
Balance, coordination and bunch skills
2:00 – Break and Puncture Repair Demo
2:15 – Transition Skills
- Time transition practices
- T1 run though- Pre-clipping shoes, choosing a dominant foot, mounting the bike.
- T2 run though- Un-clipping shoes while riding, dismounting the bike quickly and safely.
- Timed transition practices- A run through of T1 and T2 in which the athletes try to improve their previous times.
- Mini race – Athletes complete T1 as quickly as possible and complete 3 laps of good bunch riding in which they try to implement skills learned before completing T2 as if in race scenario.
3:00 – Questions and Finish