The club has organised a date with the Heartaid Mobile Cardiac screening unit for members.
It is very simple to book an appointment for Monday July 28th. The clinic will be open all-day from 4.00pm-9.00pm. Each screening will take 20-25 minutes. There are 35 appointment slots. The venue for screenings has been changed to Hayfield Manor.
Bookings can be made online using our www.heartaid.ie website. Click on ‘book a Cardiac Screening appointment’ The clinic code is: CTC
People can use Credit or Debit cards to book an appointment. Anyone with LAYA is FREE but must make a booking too. People with other health insurance may be able to claim a % back at the end of the year. Everyone else must pay the €65 fee which is tax deductible for PAYE so the true cost will be €52.
We would like to request that people, as much as possible, try to book the next available appointment slot.
If people prefer they can call 1890 300 333 and book an appointment by phone. Or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call back and make the booking.
There is never a better time than the start of the summer to drive a health initiative and Heartaid can deliver a very worthwhile health check. We hope you can encourage all player & members, their families and friends, husbands/wives/children 12yrs+ to avail of the screening. I also suggest that you get as many committee members behind this initiative. Facebook and twitter are good ways to communicate as it a local paper etc. We also have online help at email@example.com or 1890 300 333.
Why undergo a Cardiac Screening?
- Up to 100 young people die each year in Ireland from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS)
- 1 in 300 people may have a cardiac abnormality
- The national register recently reported that the incidents of SADS are higher in Ireland than many other European countries.
- In Italy cardiac screening is mandatory for anyone aged 12 to 35 years involved in competitive sport for the past 25 years. They have reduced the incidents of SADS by 89%.
- The GAA’s Medical Scientific and Welfare Committee recommend cardiac screening for all players over the age of 14 years
- The European Society of Cardiology & the International Olympic Committee recommends cardiac screening.
- Heartaid’s service is based on the recommendations of the above named organisations.