This is an ideal opportunity for beginners or those new to tri to see what happens in a triathlon event. The goal of the event is to give people a feel for what happens during a triathlon. This will not be a race but a step through all of the elements involved. We hope to follow the Try a Tri with a BBQ so that club members new and old will get a chance to socialise. The club will supply meat and salads we are asking members to to bring something sweet/desert. Location is the beach behind the dock bar across the bridge from Kinsale The The proposed format is as follows:
- A brief introduction to what will happen during an open water swim tri, then a short sea swim of about 4-500m
- Transition 1; getting out of your wet suit, taking the bike out and the rules around that
- Bike: a short bike spin of about 10km in TT mode (no drafting)
- Transition 2; Replacing the bike and out on the run
- Run; short group run of about 3km
We are appealing for as many of the more experienced members as possible to come along and help. We particularly need more experienced swimmers to “buddy” up with newcomers for the swim. This will the first “official” club open water swim of the season. It doesn’t look like the current spell of lovely weather will hold up but we might be lucky.